The family tradition of artisanal ice-cream making began in the 1950s, when grandmother Anita served home made ice cream to clients in her trattoria.
This heritage was passed on to her son Silverio, who founded the ice-cream shop in 1973. Mauro then joined the business in the 1990s, and his arrival marked a turning point in the family's commercial activities, diversifying the offer and concentrating on innovative production methods - but always with a deep respect for tradition.
Since then, the family's aim has been to protect and nurture tradition and produce a genuine artisanal ice cream, taking great care to select only the finest ingredients.
Anniversaries, experiences, accolades - this long period of family ownership has seen the Gelateria Bandirali 1951 obtain excellent results and national acclaim, as the company introduces innovative production methods and rediscovers time-honoured recipes.